PedalPCB Southern Belle/Greer Southland glow 1590b - LED footswitch

OD is Glorious

Well-known member
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
IMG_1775.jpeg
I have completed a few of these because it is a terrific circuit. It is a Lightspeed with a second gear. I put this in a Tayda glow 1590b and used the proper Lightspeed/Southland knobs. I used a waterslide decal with 2k clear coat. Inside I used low profile side jacks and a white illuminated footswitch (requires an 11/16th" hole). I mounted the 1U film cap under the board because it is tall. This circuit is versatile but I cannot get my Nashville friends interested in it, for them it is Lightspeed and Nobels.

One of my good friends is gigging out of Nashville and he told me he prefers top power; the original has top power so I am going to start putting the DC jack up top. The cream knobs are Lightspeed/Southland knobs and they sell them at love My Switches. All of this fits easily in a 1590b and a 1590a.

The Lightspeed is a great circuit, but this one exceeds IMO.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1777.jpeg
    IMG_1777.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1778.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1780.jpeg
    IMG_1780.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 8
with 2k clear coat.

I've noticed you use that for most (all?) of your builds. Is that SprayMax 2K Glamour High Gloss Clear Coat, like this? It sounds pretty compelling - supposedly an automotive-grade clear coat that you can do at home. But reading a bit more about it, it looks like once you break the seal, you have to use it all within 48 hours? Is that the case? If so, do you line up a big queue of enclosures to spray at once, so you don't waste any product, given that it looks kinda pricey?

I'm always looking for ways to further ruggedize my builds, and so this stuff looks to be in my wheelhouse (I like to say, anything worth building is worth overbuilding). But the price and 48-hour window give me pause.
 
I've noticed you use that for most (all?) of your builds. Is that SprayMax 2K Glamour High Gloss Clear Coat, like this? It sounds pretty compelling - supposedly an automotive-grade clear coat that you can do at home. But reading a bit more about it, it looks like once you break the seal, you have to use it all within 48 hours? Is that the case? If so, do you line up a big queue of enclosures to spray at once, so you don't waste any product, given that it looks kinda pricey?

I'm always looking for ways to further ruggedize my builds, and so this stuff looks to be in my wheelhouse (I like to say, anything worth building is worth overbuilding). But the price and 48-hour window give me pause.
correct. You have about 24 hours to use it - similar to epoxy - a hardener gets injected and mixed. Some folks think you can stretch it by refrigerating. So my procedure is to get six enclosures ready before activating a can. It works out to five dollars per enclosure plus the effort. For the delicate finishes I do clear coat before drilling and decals - then after, so it is ten dollars per enclosure. I like the result.

Note: quite dangerous to breathe it.
 
Back
Top