SOLVED Pharmacist build

Rcmatz

I have an always on LED on the pharmacist build on the Boost pedal LED. I couldn't identify the SW line on the boost pedal break out board, and had some weird continuity on the pedal. I completely removed the pedal from the break out board, and I still have the always on light.

When the pedal was attached, I would not get audio when in bypass, but when the bypass was removed, the pedal audio appeared to work, and the boost pedal seemed to work (led got brighter and sound boosted when engaged) and interplay with the boost pot appeared to work appropriately.

I have re-flown each wire on both sides from the break out board to the main board.

I believe this means I have a short somewhere on the main board, do you agree and any advice on how to track it down? I haven't been able to find any good forum topics specifically on tracking down a short.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: fig
I haven't cleaned it yet, no cleaner in the house, I will work on that soon. I have tried to go one by one on the joints and reflowed any that looked concerning. I do believe I am missing something, next step is probably to desolder and re-wire the break out board.

Interesting notes: I decided to test out bypass with my audio probe even though the boost pedal is removed, and it now appears that bypass is working.
The Boost LED stays on, even though the boost pedal is removed from the board

Back