DEMO PipeStretcher Overdrive (Dinosaural Tube Bender) - Demo added

This post contains an audio or video demo
It does sound great! Am I wrong that the schematic looks similar to the Keeley Fuzz Head? Basically a transistor boost into a "differential fuzz" with an output buffer? I believe the Keeley was trying to do the same thing sonically, anyway.

Ok, for my good friend the @SillyOctpuss from the Emerald Isle, land of leprechauns and banshees........ :ROFLMAO:

I also compared it to the AionFX "Ixora" which is the Dinosaural OPA-101, the successor to the Tube Bender.
And from what I understand is even more rare than the Tube Bender, I think he made less than 100 units.

And, since I would be remiss not to do a little enabling, I'm also demoing for the first time the new pickups in my Goldtop,

I mentioned getting a set of Zhangbuckers in the Mailbox thread.
After playing them for a week or so I decided to swap out the neck pickup for the Zhanbucker "Lollipop" P90 that I had in my Thinline Tele.
Man, the Lollipop sounds fantastic in the neck position of this guitar. I don't know why I hadn't tried it earlier but I think I've finally settled on the perfect set of P90's for me in this guitar. (Thinline Tele is getting a makeover of some sort, not sure what yet...hahaha)

The Lollipop is very low wind (6.0k) P90 with narrower than usual A5 magnets to trim the "woof" and muddiness of most neck position P90's.
It does an even better job than the Lollar 50's wind, which is my all time favorite neck P90 (up until now).
The bridge is his "Cherrick P90", named after his customer that asked him to design it. It's a normal wind P90 (8.8k) but is unique in that he mixes an A5 and A2. (A2 towards the bridge and A5 towards the neck). It's a fantastic sounding bridge P90 that's got the cut, snarl and rudeness but NO ice pick. This is the only P90 bridge pickup I have that I don't need to roll off the tone a tad.

Thanks Michael I'm definitely going to build one but there's one major problem with your demo. How was I supposed to listen to anything when you're teasing me with that goldtop! :ROFLMAO:

Ok, for my good friend the @SillyOctpuss from the Emerald Isle, land of leprechauns and banshees........ :ROFLMAO:

Hey! I know I'm not very tall but leprechaun is a bit harsh isn't it? ;)

And, since I would be remiss not to do a little enabling, I'm also demoing for the first time the new pickups in my Goldtop,

This is why we're friends :ROFLMAO:

Back