Power Issue w/ Double Pedal (Van Pelt and Angry Charles)

anthreedsteve

Hey, guys. I'm realizing now that for my first build it's a bit ambitious, but I'm currently working on a double pedal (based on the JHS Charlie Brown and Angry Charlie). I'm having a power issue and I was curious if you could help steer me in the right direction. When I engage the Charlie Brown pedal, the red LEDS flash but immediately turn off, and when I disengage the pedal only the one on the right flashes. No signal for the "Angry" side, but I get a pulsing noise in my DAW when I turn on Charlie. Please help!

IMG_3806.JPG

If your talking about the 2 red LED's on the right PCB (inside the enclosure) flashing, they are for clipping and will only turn on when the signal from the op amp has enough gain to forward bias the LED's. Turn the gain pot up to check them with a signal into the effect.

My first build looked like spaghetti wires too. I know it's exciting to finish, but you may want to take some time to desolder and shorten a lot of those wires. Not only is it more visually appealing (troubleshooting purposes as well), but it will lessen the chance your pedal will act as a radio antennae.

Back