tablebeast
Member
- Build Rating
- 5.00 star(s)
Build #3 of something like 12. Power Pig here is my clone of the Catlinbread Sabbra Cadabra, using the Sabbath Distortion PCB. SO, this thing sounds pretty awesome. I've only used it with at 9 volts and with a synth so far, so I don't know how it sounds with an SG+Humbuckers. Regardless, I'm really digging the tone. The build was easy and the documentation was complete. I got no complaints about the build.
I do have one problem though and I'm looking forward to troubleshooting it, if its possible. The thing is, this is a little TOO much like an old Rangemaster + Supergroup. I'm getting a constant self-oscillation tone with no signal applied. It reminds me of what high gain tube amps do! My jacks are securely mounted with star washers to the case and I only have the ground wire for the input connected to the input jack, so I don't think its a grounding issue. This oscillation happens at all volumes, but it changes significantly depending on settings, cranking them up seems it make it go away.
I do have one problem though and I'm looking forward to troubleshooting it, if its possible. The thing is, this is a little TOO much like an old Rangemaster + Supergroup. I'm getting a constant self-oscillation tone with no signal applied. It reminds me of what high gain tube amps do! My jacks are securely mounted with star washers to the case and I only have the ground wire for the input connected to the input jack, so I don't think its a grounding issue. This oscillation happens at all volumes, but it changes significantly depending on settings, cranking them up seems it make it go away.