bluedmc777
Well-known member
- Build Rating
- 5.00 star(s)
Here we have another great pedal from Dave Barber. This time the BUSS (FWW Edition). I’m still putting it through its paces but so far this seems to be a pretty versatile overdrive. Between the normal and “harmonics” mode and 3 different voiced clipping options you go can go from boost to medium Od to saturated Dumble-esque. I will say that atleast the two Barber pedals I’ve built thus far, the Candid Drive and this, seem to have a little overlap. They have a similar sound. You can tell they’re a “Barber” pedal. Time will tell if it’s a keeper. As I said there’s a lot of options here. I did change the linear taper volume pot to an audio taper for a little more travel.
I used some new “pre-cut” 2” wire that I really don’t care for too much. It isn’t very resistant to heat. I shall leave the vendor unnamed because others may like it. However it is nice just to grab the length you need!
I used some new “pre-cut” 2” wire that I really don’t care for too much. It isn’t very resistant to heat. I shall leave the vendor unnamed because others may like it. However it is nice just to grab the length you need!