Practice/Headphone Amp Project

As you wish. This is a 39-channel, 39- amp setup (8 bottom + 12 middle + 12 upper + 3 ceiling + 4 subs), but close enough :)
A bit hard to see, but the wired master volume control box on the desk reads 4 20 :).

Anyhoo, here's proof:

Attachments

• IMG_20200106_174332-SR-JC-01.jpeg
    IMG_20200106_174332-SR-JC-01.jpeg
    827.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I just re-found a PCB layout for a Nobels headphone amp, in my notes. It's got some good reviews, so I was wondering what the PPCB Headphone Amp is based on and how it may compare to the Nobels. I've got the PPCB, but am tempted to build the Nobels layout, too.

Yet I'm swamped with projects and the last thing I need is another distraction when I haven't even started building my PPCB board.

The PedalPCB headphone amp isn't based on any particular product.

The power amp portion is similar to the Rockman X100 headphone amp, the stereo spread function is borrowed from the DSM Simplifier, but neither are necessarily exact copies of either.

I don't see a schematic for the Nobels but I could trace that layout and work up a PCB for it.

Speaking of headphone amps. I've beeen working on a sort-of "modular Rockman" that can serve as the brain for whatever embodiment you want to make : a pedal, belt pack, onboard FX, etc. Each effect / section is independently usable, kind of like having a mini pedalboard on one tiny PCB. In other words, the circuit sections are not hard wired into each other, leaving it up to the user to decide which controls they want exposed, what kind of switching scheme to use, and so on. The format would be a bit like a Daisy Seed, but all analog (except for the delay part), and a little bigger (not much). You could even plug it into a breadboard to tinker with it (but I want to use female headers rather than male pins, so you'd need a simple adapter).

This is where PedalPCB could help. These days I only feel like building stuff that I would personally use -- and I don't use pedals anymore, so I would leave this part to others, if anybody wants to pick it up. Do you think there would be interest for such a thing?

Please have a look, I would appreciate your comments. In particular, take a look at the "pins" that I am exposing. Too many? Not enough? Did I miss something that would be useful to have? (for example, the chorus LFO frequency. Should I bother to make it tweakable?)

Thank you.

1667000866551.png

The power amp portion is similar to the Rockman X100 headphone amp, the stereo spread function is borrowed from the DSM Simplifier, but neither are necessarily exact copies of either.

I don't see a schematic for the Nobels but I could trace that layout and work up a PCB for it.

No need to work up a PCB for the Nobels, at least not for me, I've lost interest in it after reading the PPCB Kustom-Shop's Headphone-amp ingredients. 😻

I'd rather you focused on, say ... a DS-1w, ...or a ring modulator, ... maybe some bass preamps — yeah a bass preamp, that'd be like a Passin' Wind in my sails, set course for some new horizons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@JTEX — HOT DANG! I gotta take a few moments... days... to wrap my grey matter around all that. Off the top of my head though, chorus that's able to approach FLANGER territory would be... amazerballs.

I'd rather you focused on, say ... a DS-1w, ...or a ring modulator, ... maybe some bass preamps — yeah a bass preamp, that'd be like a Passin' Wind in my sails, set course for some new horizons.

😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

Can you share the build docs for the PPCB Headphone Amp?
New guy here! Thanks for all the stuff.

Back