Preamp Ideas for a 1w amp

CheapSuitG

The TubeSchemer
I have a Lafayette 99-9038 1W germanium power amp that I picked up as part of a surplus lot and I thought it would be neato burrito to add a little pre and turn it into a guitar amp.

Any thoughts on a preamp that would pair well with it? I’d like to keep it simple, with three knobs: gain, tone and master volume.

I’m probably going to build a small cab for it as well, maybe with a Jensen Mod 5. I also have some really cool grill covers from a 1950s bus that I’d love to use.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1865.jpeg
    IMG_1865.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1866.jpeg
    IMG_1866.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1868.jpeg
    IMG_1868.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 18

the only reasonable choice is an MT-2
 

the only reasonable choice is an MT-2
Well guess I should buy a second to run stereo…
 
Back
Top