Procrastinator Issues

djmiyta

I finally went back to my Slow gear build which did not work initially and I found 2 components that were the wrong value and replaced them. I now have it semi-working. Fiddling with the knobs and trimmer to get it dialed in with no luck
As of now it does a half assed job. I have my guitar going clean into the pedal into a clean amp and yet a lot of the settings are giving me a LOT of distortion. and kinda does the the volume increase . I first used bc549's and sk30a couldn't get it to work. I then tried 2n3904's and sk30a and was able to hear a mild effect with lots of distortion and then at times no distortion. All my components are the right value I've checked like 4 times. I can't seem to get it to work right. Has anybody ran into a similar issue or have any ideas on where to look or hold my hand and walk me through the setup of this pedal? I’ve had this one sitting in my drawer for about a year and a half and I can hear I’m much closer than before getting it to work
Heres the pics of the board
ANY ideas I’d be very grateful thank you for taking a sec to read about my problems. I’m hoping someone’s got an idea.
Thanks again forum of fine people

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 6
You’ve verified parts which is always the first step, now time to move on to reflowing your solder joints, then audio probe to isolate where the distortion might be coming from. Just for the fun of it, verify the pinouts on your transistors
FYI, it is a pretty underwhelming effect in stock form

Back