Procrastinator swell speed mod?

Idlebeach

Hello! I just wanted to get some input on what part I could swap out to increase the swell time on this bad boy? I built one last night and I think it more or less works but the swell is so short. I also wouldn't mind adjusting the sensitivity if anyone has info on that too.

I assume there is a capacitor I need to change for the swell speed, just not sure how to go about figuring out which one that is. I am hoping some other people on here have fiddled with mods on this circuit and can help me out.

Oh, I saw another post mentioning changing R23 from 10k to 1k and I am curious what that is supposed to do? Might that change the swell time?

Thanks!

Isn't that what the 'Attack' control does? Is it not fast enough at the minimum setting?

I swapped out c7 for a few other values and it didn't make a difference. It was kind of neat sounding without it in at all though - it added a sort of crackle into it.

The SG-1 is so finicky. How is it that 42 years have gone by and no one has made an improved version?

Take a look at the schematic and the controls. The compression/limiter is part of the swell circuit—the bumblebee disaggregates them. You have much more control over the dynamics than with the SG-1. They aren’t the same circuit, although the bumblebee did start out as an SG-1.

Take a look at the schematic and the controls. The compression/limiter is part of the swell circuit—the bumblebee disaggregates them. You have much more control over the dynamics than with the SG-1. They aren’t the same circuit, although the bumblebee did start out as an SG-1.
Well... I stand corrected. I'll take a good look at it.

Back