Professor Chaos - I built a pedal in a day. Wut?

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
So, today was my first day at my new job. My laptop was supposed to be shipped to me beforehand and for whatever reason it never came. An emergency IT ticket later and I’ll have it tomorrow.

Anyways, I had most of the day to myself and decided to put a pedal together. The board is from Moonn Electronics and was in a goodie bag sent from the famous @fig . It’s essentially a muff with only 1 clipping stage and the first and last stages are powered via lm386 chips. There’s also a HAVOK switch to give you a crazy amount of gain. I didn’t have a C taper 1M pot so I used a B taper instead. I fired this up with my guitar and….meh. It wants to be a muff but there’s other things going on. The tone pot is tuned so that there’s no ice pick treble when dimed. Sometimes I want that. Oh well. I was debating whether to box this up or not.

Then I tried it on bass. WHOA!!!!!! This thing is killer! Clean all the way to super fuzz. I’ll need to make a bass pedalboard soon, but this one knocks off the green Russian for sure. I’m still undecided on the enclosure art and knobs, but for a 1 day build this is pretty good. Offboard wiring isn’t super neat due to the board itself and not having a LED or CLR, but once it’s box up you won’t know the difference.

I still have to judge my contest and award some prizes. I didn’t forget about you guys. I’m just super excited to start building again.

BuddytheReow

Attachments

• 6D5DB410-548A-4253-9744-B37125EB0CE4.jpeg
    6D5DB410-548A-4253-9744-B37125EB0CE4.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 4AFB1F3E-0CD8-4594-A070-B62CE7E844A1.jpeg
    4AFB1F3E-0CD8-4594-A070-B62CE7E844A1.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 52
I have one in queue and... it knocked off a green Russian??? I didn't have that high of hopes when I ordered but that IS intriguing. Congrats on the toight build/job/best kind of first day at work I've ever heard of.

Finally got around to finishing this over the weekend. Since the "Havoc" switch gives me the most 'chaotic' amount of gain possible I wanted to make a play on this switch. This was a fun little project simply because I had all parts on hand.

Kneel before PROFESSOR CHAOS

1682345301210.png
1682345319694.png
professor-chaos.gif

I slapped one of these together the other day. It's not boxed up yet but man, you weren't kidding. If my green sovtek was still on my board, this would take it's place. I could've gone without the havoc switch though. I'm all havoc all the time.

Back