Protein in a 1590BB with the adapter ring

ADAOCE

So I finally got my adapter ring for the 1590BB all fitted correctly and it looks great! Fit like a glove on the lip around the lid of the enclosure. Screws are a little tight but the material is soft enough to be screwed through with a screwdriver and a gentle pressure. I’m really pumped this thing works so well with these enclosures.

on to the pedal itself… Wow. The blue side is just excellent. This will never leave my board for that side alone. To be honest the modified ODR 1 on the green side almost has too much gain taken away for standalone use (esp when the blue side is so good) but where this thing really sells it’s dual drive form is when they are both on. I can have a slightly driven sound with the blue side that really breaks up nice with guitar volume and attack and cleans up too. When you put the green on at the same time it’s just a monster. I’ll get a video at some point.

Green side also sounds better with a boost in front too.

side note: this would fit without the adapter if I used slightlyyyy shorter electro caps.

Attachments

• 5C004A66-AEBE-4D79-99F6-95F0896DA801.jpeg
    5C004A66-AEBE-4D79-99F6-95F0896DA801.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 09DEDBAC-B146-4A2E-8EB3-DB6F956C42FF.jpeg
    09DEDBAC-B146-4A2E-8EB3-DB6F956C42FF.jpeg
    745.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 54E6FF57-050C-41AE-81F2-BFD3BDEF933D.jpeg
    54E6FF57-050C-41AE-81F2-BFD3BDEF933D.jpeg
    843 KB · Views: 97
  • B932208E-04A3-47F9-8ED7-0DBC98D2B3B9.jpeg
    B932208E-04A3-47F9-8ED7-0DBC98D2B3B9.jpeg
    644.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 6AB25C21-F8E0-43C6-878D-878EA5646A32.jpeg
    6AB25C21-F8E0-43C6-878D-878EA5646A32.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • E46718F6-69DB-4666-BCF3-B1E354629493.jpeg
    E46718F6-69DB-4666-BCF3-B1E354629493.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • DFA151E1-19DE-46F5-8C2F-A7E4E0EA39A6.jpeg
    DFA151E1-19DE-46F5-8C2F-A7E4E0EA39A6.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
That looks so cool. It looks even better with the adapter! Good job on the internals - it looks tight.

Great looking build. It's got a kind of old school Army look to it, like it should be on Radar's desk in M*A*S*H. The adapter looks pretty slick, too. I thought you'd painted a stripe around it - I think it adds to the aesthetic.

Nice looking work, congrats!
I agree with you on your assessment of the pedal. Gigged with mine for the first time this weekend. Blue side sounded killer with the mini hums in my SG. Green side sounded better with my Tele or Strat. Both sides together sounded fantastic! I still have to tweak with it a bit, but overall the pedal is definitely a keeper! Right now I’m building me Aions version of the RC Booster which should play nicely with this pedal.

Reactions: fig
So I finally got my adapter ring for the 1590BB all fitted correctly and it looks great! Fit like a glove on the lip around the lid of the enclosure. Yikes are a little tight but the material is soft enough to be screwed through with a screwdriver and a gentle pressure. I’m really pumped this thing works so well with these enclosures.
Green side also sounds better with a boost in front too.
side note: this would fit without the adapter if I used slightlyyyy shorter electro caps.
Congrats!
As I posted earlier when you were in the closing stages, the Green side is based on the Nobels ODR-1 & has A250K for the Drive pot.
This design has A100K, which is a significant drop.
Members who are going to build this may want to try A250K for the Drive pot as an option, you can always decrease it by turning CCW!

Great looking build. It's got a kind of old school Army look to it, like it should be on Radar's desk in M*A*S*H. The adapter looks pretty slick, too. I thought you'd painted a stripe around it - I think it adds to the aesthetic.
Hah you’re right! I copied the look of the actual pedal and I think they really nailed it with colors and knob choices

Nice looking work, congrats!
I agree with you on your assessment of the pedal. Gigged with mine for the first time this weekend. Blue side sounded killer with the mini hums in my SG. Green side sounded better with my Tele or Strat. Both sides together sounded fantastic! I still have to tweak with it a bit, but overall the pedal is definitely a keeper! Right now I’m building me Aions version of the RC Booster which should play nicely with this pedal.
Glad to hear it worked well in a love setting for you!

Congrats!
As I posted earlier when you were in the closing stages, the Green side is based on the Nobels ODR-1 & has A250K for the Drive pot.
This design has A100K, which is a significant drop.
Members who are going to build this may want to try A250K for the Drive pot as an option, you can always decrease it by turning CCW!
Yeah that might be a good mod to try out on this pedal. Thanks for the help along the way! I’ve been tweaking a bit with this pedal and the green side sounds best going into an amp on the edge of breakup it doesn’t do well with a completely clean amp.

Hah you’re right! I copied the look of the actual pedal and I think they really nailed it with colors and knob choices
Ah, I didn't know that! I've never actually looked at the original. I listened to sound samples when the hype here first started, but I must not have paid attention to what it looked like 🤣

Ah, I didn't know that! I've never actually looked at the original. I listened to sound samples when the hype here first started, but I must not have paid attention to what it looked like 🤣
There is a black, white and hot pink option too but I think this green is the best!

I like the white one, but the olive-drab is wicked good, especially with that black spacer!

After reading Peccary's Radar O'Riley comment, I'd have to build this in the green with faded white M*A*S*H "military" stencil lettering for the controls, the lower black knobs would each get one of dmncrawler's increment-graphics while the upper silver knobs would not.

PS: What about a 250k pot, but with a 250k resistor on a switch that goes across lugs 1&3... gives 125k; that'd give you close to the "stock" 100k — squeeze it in as another footswitch?

Last edited:
I like the white one, but the olive-drab is wicked good, especially with that black spacer!

After reading Peccary's Radar O'Riley comment, I'd have to build this in the green with faded white M*A*S*H "military" stencil lettering for the controls, the lower black knobs would each get one of dmncrawler's increment-graphics while the upper silver knobs would not.

PS: What about a 250k pot, but with a 250k resistor on a switch that goes across lugs 1&3... gives 125k; that'd give you close to the "stock" 100k — squeeze it in as another footswitch?
That’s an interesting mod. I’d love to see how it worked if someone tried it out. Probably a bridge too far trying to cram that in this box but I will probably build another when the dual pcb is released

Back