question about adding relay controlled buffered bypass to a circuit

snow

Hey guys, im designing a modifed tube screamer circuit and want to add relay controlled buffer bypass to it, but im not sure if the way i went about it will work.

Here's the circuit schematic:
View attachment TBBBB.png

There are a couple ways to switch the input/output buffers but that looks like it should work.

Yep, although if it were me I would pull the power for the LED from way back on the (+) side of D100 instead of VA.

Probably won't make a huge difference, but it allows the filtering (and rectifying nature of D100) to help prevent pops.

I totally read the header of this thread as:
"contest about adding relay controlled buffered bypass to a circuit"

Good luck with your project.

Yep, although if it were me I would pull the power for the LED from way back on the (+) side of D100 instead of VA.

Probably won't make a huge difference, but it allows the filtering (and rectifying nature of D100) to help prevent pops.
ok, thank you.

i finished making a pcb for it, are there any issues with it? there is a ground plane on the bottom, and a 9v plane on the top.

TBB.png
and the schematic is the same as the one i first posted, but with the CLR going to +9v instead of VA.

You can use the input buffer as the bypass buffer, like you have done now.
You can use the output buffer as the bypass buffer.
Or you can keep both buffers active all the time and bypass the circuit contained between them.

What you've done looks efficient enough, I can't think of any benefits to changing it.

You can use the input buffer as the bypass buffer, like you have done now.
You can use the output buffer as the bypass buffer.
Or you can keep both buffers active all the time and bypass the circuit contained between them.

What you've done looks efficient enough, I can't think of any benefits to changing it.
and 1 more thing, is a pulldown resistor needed to prevent switch pop?

R50 and R21 are already taking care of that. You don't need one on the input since it's never switched.

Back