Quick Tayda UV Printing Tip

Danbieranowski

If you want a UV printed enclosure, but don’t want to drill it out yourself or pay the custom drilling cost, Tayda will UV print onto the PedalPCB pre-drilled enclosures. You just have to find the right pre-drilled enclosure for your project. The orange one here is for the Son of Ben.

Here’s the link for the pre-drilled enclosures in case you don’t have it: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/enclosures/drilled-enclosures-for-pedalpcb.html

2F60520D-9671-4098-9B4E-87E0ADFA3206.jpeg

Those look awesome. Are those their "glowing" colors?

I am going to try etching here pretty soon - got myself some ferric chloride to give it a go. I'd rather play with dangerous chemicals than learn whatever software Tayda needs me to learn. lol

Those look awesome. Are those their "glowing" colors?

I am going to try etching here pretty soon - got myself some ferric chloride to give it a go. I'd rather play with dangerous chemicals than learn whatever software Tayda needs me to learn. lol
It’s Lawn Green and Matte Orange. They never have those glowing ones in stock it seems.

one thing I noticed is on the Lawn Green they added a white layer underneath the print. I’m wondering if that has something to do with the gloss coat. They did not add the white layer on the matte orange. Not really sure why.

They look great, too bad about that unnecessary layer of white ink. From what I understand from working as a graphic designer way back, you would need the white underlay for colors lighter than the green background color but not for black. Matte looks way more precise to me. Might try Tayda’s UV service, can’t be worse than their pcbs. ;-)

Last edited:
I was wondering if this was possible!
How did you specify that you wanted the 4-Knob Type 1 drill template for the SOB with paint and UV printing? Did you have to upload a separate drill template or something?

I was wondering if this was possible!
How did you specify that you wanted the 4-Knob Type 1 drill template for the SOB with paint and UV printing? Did you have to upload a separate drill template or something?
It's much easier than that. When you place your order you specify that you want UV printing. 15 minutes after your order is placed, you go to a specific webpage (all outlined here: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/enclosures/enclosure-uv-printing-service.html) where you specify which SKU number you want to upload your artwork to. Each enclosure has a unique SKU, so you just pick the appropriate SKU for the 4-Knob Type 1 enclosure.

For example, let's say I wanted Army Green, 4-Knob Type 1. I go to that page, and I can grab the SKU from here:
1612452756392.png

It's much easier than that. When you place your order you specify that you want UV printing. 15 minutes after your order is placed, you go to a specific webpage (all outlined here: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/enclosures/enclosure-uv-printing-service.html) where you specify which SKU number you want to upload your artwork to. Each enclosure has a unique SKU, so you just pick the appropriate SKU for the 4-Knob Type 1 enclosure.

For example, let's say I wanted Army Green, 4-Knob Type 1. I go to that page, and I can grab the SKU from here:
View attachment 9543
Well ain't that the dogs dangleys

How much does the UV printing cost? I'm very into how I'm doing my enclosures now and the quality/durability to cost ratio is fantastic. I've never looked to see how much it is, and is it a flat rate regardless of enclosure size?
Through Tayda it's $4 per enclosure, plus another $2 if you want embossing or gloss stuff. I think that's the same across the board for any enclosure.

That's not too bad, all things considered. I only do black as my laser printer isn't color but I started using the film free water slide decals and they are like screen printed on. I won't use anything else now. Here's one I just did that I'm about to drill and box up
dHRZWEC.jpg
Link to what you're using?

That's not too bad, all things considered. I only do black as my laser printer isn't color but I started using the film free water slide decals and they are like screen printed on. I won't use anything else now. Here's one I just did that I'm about to drill and box up
dHRZWEC.jpg
That looks excellent. I can’t get my water slides anywhere near that pro looking.

:oops: Wow, didn't know those existed. Looks great.
But for myself, decided to go the UV print route after some trouble clear coating my decals (cracking, no real space to spray, etc.)

It's a quick process that I have down to less than an hour start to finish. No clear coating either. If you guys are interested I did a tutorial on the madbean forum. I could post it hear. I learned from someone over there and it's fantastic. The fuzz master I recently posted here I used this method.
Please

It's a quick process that I have down to less than an hour start to finish. No clear coating either. If you guys are interested I did a tutorial on the madbean forum. I could post it hear. I learned from someone over there and it's fantastic. The fuzz master I recently posted here I used this method.
Yes please!

Back