Randall RRED...PLEASE!

Okay, got my PCB, created my own little Mouser BOM using the values on the PCB (cuz no build docs yet)...but...

Any tips on where to get my hands on real (not bullshit fake Chinese) 2N5484 jfets?
Small bear has them cheap. I don't know what constitutes "fake" but they were likely made in asia by real people, if that's a deal breaker.

Small bear has them cheap. I don't know what constitutes "fake" but they were likely made in asia by real people, if that's a deal breaker.
There are a profusion of counterfit transistors coming out of Asia with fake Fairchild-like “F” markings etc on ‘em but nothing real going on inside, that are out there on eBay. It’s a known issue for those who know stuff.

But you’re more than welcome to interpret the “Chinese” part of my original question to check whichever boxes are on-trend for your lifestyle.

Yep...I ordered some of the Motorolas. I always forget about that store...good stuff!

Also tried my luck from an eBay source which ships domestically and with whom I’ve had good luck in the past...

...I’m gonna start socketing my transistors from this build forward, so I’ll test out the eBay ones versus the PedalParts ones and let you guys know if the eBay source is legit.

Back