Recommendation for a Clean Bass Boost

lukegalea

Hi! I'm looking to build a clean bass boost for a friend of mine. So far the Betty Boost caught my eye however I'm not 100% sure how it's going to sound on Bass and whether it was designed for Bass too. The guy I'm building this for usually plays modern metal.

• Feel free to recommend other bass boost PCBs by PedalPCB
  • Let me know if you know how this sounds on Bass
Thanks!

Hi! I'm looking to build a clean bass boost for a friend of mine. So far the Betty Boost caught my eye however I'm not 100% sure how it's going to sound on Bass and whether it was designed for Bass too. The guy I'm building this for usually plays modern metal.

• Feel free to recommend other bass boost PCBs by PedalPCB
  • Let me know if you know how this sounds on Bass
Thanks!
The Obsidius preamp is killer for this and more. Great pedal for metal bass! A must-have in my opinion.

I've not built the Betty Boost myself, but I am a big fan of the PedalPCB Mercurial Boost (Vario-Boost). It's one of the most useful pedals I've come across. It's worth checking in to for sure.

I've used the MXR micro amp for a bass boost. It's a full-frequency boost and handles bass well. I don't think there's currently a project here for it. It's an easy build on vero, though.

Thanks! Unfortunately he already has the drive section sorted so I think I should stick to a clean boost.
It has tons of clean boost and isn't nearly as dirty as I thought it would be. You can definitely get some grit out of it but I built one for my buddy recently and it sounded amazing even for just boosting the low end with the grunt switch. You have to have it nearly dimed on gain to get what I would consider a heavily distorted bass unless you are running it into another pedal or amp with harder clipping.

Back