DEMO Redshift (whetstone phaser)

This post contains an audio or video demo

owlexifry

firstly, big thanks to @szukalski for sharing the UV print pdf design. it's so cool.

E0DCA2BE-7318-4F00-8FDF-D9256F103B10.jpeg
so i heard people talking about the blueshift being a difficult/daunting build..
the blueshift was honestly fine, it's just a lot of components.
but golly gosh this redshift was a real fiddly tedious bastard.

drilling the holes with a hand drill was a bit daunting (finally got myself an automatic centre punch).
getting everything to line-up and slide into place (board onto switches + pots) was a bit scary 😅
got there in the end though.

520F3A37-FF8E-4588-BA6D-6F6321D979FA.jpeg

vote#1 tayda 22awg solid core for president
8934C4D2-A492-4F5B-8B8A-B708488B3B55.jpeg

the circuit:
it's great! very capable phaser.
big range of sounds and applications.
the speed/rate range toggles are great, basically any speed you want can be done. no mods needed for this at all (it’s already got plenty built in haha)

quick demo - having the x2 speeds on the A/B switch is pretty nifty!

Last edited:
firstly, big thanks to @szukalski for sharing the UV print pdf design. it's so cool.

View attachment 52969
so i heard people talking about the blueshift being a difficult/daunting build..
the blueshift was honestly fine, it's just a lot of components.
but golly gosh this redshift was a real fiddly tedious bastard.

drilling the holes with a hand drill was a bit daunting (finally got myself an automatic centre punch).
getting everything to line-up and slide into place (board onto switches + pots) was a bit scary 😅
got there in the end though.

View attachment 52966

vote#1 tayda 22awg solid core for president
View attachment 52965

the circuit:
it's great! very capable phaser.
big range of sounds and applications.
the speed/rate range toggles are great, basically any speed you want can be done. no mods needed for this at all (it’s already got plenty built in haha)

quick demo - having the x2 speeds on the A/B switch is pretty nifty!
Fabulous job. I hand drill too and this box looks daunting! Great job!

Thanks @owlexifry. This is on my build list, with the board arriving awhile back. I’m daunted by the drill template and plan to have Tayda do it for me. Worth the couple of bucks not to cuss and gnash my teeth when ‘It’s Jeans North and nothing fits’ (FZ, ‘Just another band from LA’).

Fabulous job. I hand drill too and this box looks daunting! Great job!
thanks! after 17 holes my wrists were pretty clapped out.

Very cool build! I’ve been playing this pedal for a few weeks (I also built it when they were selling PCBs and enclosures). Very nice phaser!
have you noticed any clipping if the input signal gets too hot?

That looks/ sounds awesome.

Non-graphic graphics, fiddly wiring, this is my jam.
ayy 🤙🏻 i got lucky with the layout, and fortunately the print colour is in white so i was all good to go for an army green enclosure (my favourite colour lately)

Thanks @owlexifry. This is on my build list, with the board arriving awhile back. I’m daunted by the drill template and plan to have Tayda do it for me. Worth the couple of bucks not to cuss and gnash my teeth when ‘It’s Jeans North and nothing fits’ (FZ, ‘Just another band from LA’).
drilling takes a toll on your body too

That’s a great colour combo! Nice build
many thanks!!

Excellent inside out, great sound demo too! Noice!
cheers! had an interesting time attempting to record this one direct to DAW, tested fine on a tube amp rig, but then i was struggling to confirm if the pickups were clipping the input of the redshift or if the redshift output was clipping the audio interface input (which is normally pretty easy to figure out)

i wonder if circuits like these are susceptible to clipping? only other OTA phaser i’ve done was a ross phaser

Back