Roboto, with a cavaet

airbud

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
First of all, this is a really cool and unique pedal! I love all three DBA pedals I've built (please trace more @Robert!), and this one is no exception.

Here's the catch; I used a 1P8T toggle switch instead of a 2P4T. It works, and sounds awesome. I haven't tested it extensively and won't be able to for a couple days, but all 8 settings made noises. It did seem to my ear that some of them sounded the same, and I didn't think anything of it till I just checked a YouTube demo and there were only 4 options.

My question is how does the circuit still function properly?

I get that the toggle is used to pick the program on the chip (similar to my question the other about the switches on the hydra), and that the 2P4T switch does a similar thing.

Here's the parts of the schematic and the input for the HT8950.
1000010139.png

1000010138.png

1000010140.jpg

Here's the full schematic.

Any insight is much appreciated! Thanks!

P0, P1 & P2 are the tri-input (one-of-eight) mode selectors. So instantiating any of them in your 1-of-8 switching should still get something out of it.

And FWIW, here is the schematic I used to build out a DBA Robot circuit. I added a lot more flexibility than DBA (or others) used.

AndroVoxLt_Final_Candidate_MarkedUp.png

And the result when finished and enclosed . . . .

AndroVox_Done_01.jpg

AndroVox_Gutshot_Done.jpg

Last edited:
P0, P1 & P2 are the trick-input (one-of-eight) mode selectors. So instantiating any of them in your 1-of-8 switching should still get something out of it.

And FWIW, here is the schematic I used to build out a DBA Robot circuit. I added a lot more flexibility than DBA (or others) used.

View attachment 74539

And the result when finished and enclosed . . . .

View attachment 74540

View attachment 74541
this is so awesome!! I'm extremely inspired. going to study this and see all the mods you added. I love death by audio's circuits, so expanding on them is really cool to me.

It worked fine so I'm not going to desolder, but it was a silly mistake!

I lied, I went and destroyed the 1P8T removing it so I could swap in the 2P4T. BUT now all the modes work correctly.

It's a cool pedal but @Cybercow your version is way more useful!

I lied, I went and destroyed the 1P8T removing it so I could swap in the 2P4T. BUT now all the modes work correctly.

It's a cool pedal but @Cybercow your version is way more useful!
Thanks! But IMO, "more useful" is a matter of taste. Some of the exhibited 'features' of the HT8950 chip can make some rather trashy 'noises' as opposed to 'sounds'. I just wanted my specific build to have access to all of those 'features'. And as you can see in the build I shared, I didn't even use the 'VIB', 'UP', 'DN' or 'ROB' momentary switches. But then the 'P0','P1' & 'P2' inputs overlap those options. The momentary switches simply give direct access as opposed to cycling thru the rotary switch's options.

HT8950_Rotary_Switch_Options.png

Thanks! But IMO, "more useful" is a matter of taste. Some of the exhibited 'features' of the HT8950 chip can make some rather trashy 'noises' as opposed to 'sounds'. I just wanted my specific build to have access to all of those 'features'. And as you can see in the build I shared, I didn't even use the 'VIB', 'UP', 'DN' or 'ROB' momentary switches. But then the 'P0','P1' & 'P2' inputs overlap those options. The momentary switches simply give direct access as opposed to cycling thru the rotary switch's options.

View attachment 74614
ah, I was wondering about those switches. what an unusual chip!

Back
Top Bottom