Scythe Fuzz collector problem

booby_hill

Hey y’all! Still having trouble with my Scythe Fuzz. I’m only getting 17.4V to the collector of the transistor pinout. Is this normal? I looked at the datasheet and it’s saying it’s a 32V minimum collector base voltage to get it going. In that case, is this circuit not working as it should? I feel like I’m bleeding off voltage somewhere but can’t seem to figure it out. I’m using two 35V electrolytic caps but the rest are 50V. Would that effect the overall voltage going to the base collector? Thanks I’m advance to any replies!

Hey y’all! Still having trouble with my Scythe Fuzz. I’m only getting 17.4V to the collector of the transistor pinout. Is this normal? I looked at the datasheet and it’s saying it’s a 32V minimum collector base voltage to get it going. In that case, is this circuit not working as it should? I feel like I’m bleeding off voltage somewhere but can’t seem to figure it out. I’m using two 35V electrolytic caps but the rest are 50V. Would that effect the overall voltage going to the base collector? Thanks I’m advance to any replies!
Betty Wont is Correct, this is a standard 9v Boss type power supply, or 9v battery if you need one.
You just aint reading it right about the 32v, that's the maximum voltage it can take !!!!
These can get down to 5 volts for that splatty fuzz if you want to starve it.

Betty Wont is Correct, this is a standard 9v Boss type power supply, or 9v battery if you need one.
You just aint reading it right about the 32v, that's the maximum voltage it can take !!!!
Hmmm. It must be a transistor issue then. Seeing as it requires 32V to the base collector for the Ac176

These can get down to 5 volts for that splatty fuzz if you want to starve it
Oh shit! Totally right, I read that totally wrong! Either way it isn’t working and I’m sure I have the pinout correct. Might need some additional troubleshooting for sure

Reactions: fig
Can anyone confirm from left-right what transistor pin outs are correct? I’m under the impression that it’s Emitter, Base, and Collector. I started with a GT404B from small bear and couldn’t get that to work. Followed by an NTE103A which is a direct replacement for the AC176. All of those haven’t been working. This is the War Scythe that I’m building and both the Hoof and Octave work as they should. It’s just the Reaper side that isn’t working. Thanks for all the replies thus far guys!

Reactions: fig
Back