Seabed Delay (Autism Awareness Challenge)

blackhatboojum

Brothers, sisters, and siblings! How the hell are you? It’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted a build report in these parts hasn’t it? Well, today I’m here for a specific purpose. That’s to help raise some money for autism research. @Paradox916 posted a challenge to any willing participants in this little DIY pedal community. To do something different, creative, and to push ourselves outside of our comfort zone. This build is my attempt at that.

This first part of the challenge for me, was to build the cleanest and best looking pedal I could muster, while doing everything myself. Enclosure drilling, paint, graphics, soldering, the whole package.

The second part of the challenge for me, was to raise money for the cause which incidentally, pushes me outside of my comfort zone. I have never done anything with the purpose of raising money for a charity, and I have never built a guitar effect that might end up in the hands of some random person in some other city or state. That being said, this pedal is up for auction for the next 10 days on eBay. 100% of the proceeds from this auction will be going to the Organization for Autism Research. If you know anyone looking for a great sounding, hand built, PT2399 delay… send them my way and spread the word.

IMG_1944.jpeg IMG_1945.jpeg IMG_1943.jpeg IMG_1946.jpeg

Last edited:
Brothers, sisters, and siblings! How the hell are you? It’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted a build report in these parts hasn’t it? Well, today I’m here for a specific purpose. That’s to help raise some money for autism research. @Paradox916 posted a challenge to any willing participants in this little DIY pedal community. To do something different, creative, and to push ourselves outside of our comfort zone. This build is my attempt at that.

This first part of the challenge for me, was to build the cleanest and best looking pedal I could muster, while doing everything myself. Enclosure drilling, paint, graphics, soldering, the whole package.

The second part of the challenge for me, was to raise money for the cause which incidentally, pushes me outside of my comfort zone. I have never done anything with the purpose of raising money for a charity, and I have never built a guitar effect that might end up in the hands of some random person in some other city or state. That being said, this pedal is up for auction for the next 10 days on eBay. 100% of the proceeds from this auction will be going to the Organization for Autism Research. If you know anyone looking for a great sounding, hand built, PT2399 delay… send them my way and spread the word.

View attachment 45256View attachment 45257View attachment 45258View attachment 45259
Smooth and clean.... nice.

Looks awesome and I think you chose a great circuit for this.

I had never really seen the effects of autism until recently when a bought a home across the street with a non verbal child. The challenges they endure while always showing so much love. It’s pretty amazing to see, part of you feels kind of bad but seeing the interaction from the parents there’s just love there.

Back