Shatterbox Schematics

Regardless of what Bolan ran his guitar through, the following in response to the title of the thread regarding the Shatterbox schematic,
you could draw out the schematic from the following:

Hornby Skewes Shatterbox (NPN).png

Storyboardist's ETCH on the right (note the perf to left is -9v):
Hornby Skewes Shatterbox PERF = Pos-Gnd & etch Neg-Gnd.png

I drew up the PNP schematic from this layout at Solo Guitars for myself, it's for a replacement board they sell:

SHATTERBOX LAYOUT SOLOGUITARS SL-PC-SBOX-diagram-scaled.jpeg

So I figured I'd just swap 'round the caps and transistors to make it NPN:

SHATTERBOX JHS NPN schematic FFFX.png
I haven't compared my schematic to Rocket88's NPN vero nor to Storyboardist's etchable layout, but if you see any mistakes please let me know.

Not sure what transistors you'd want but something that matches the hFE of the PNP 2N4601 (datasheet says 90–330, but I think I read 110 is average). Anyway, try 2N3904 or something with lower hFE, read up on which position gets the more powerful transistor if any, or better yet just try stuff out and trust your own ears.

Regardless of what Bolan ran his guitar through, the following in response to the title of the thread regarding the Shatterbox schematic,
you could draw out the schematic from the following:

View attachment 78746

Storyboardist's ETCH on the right (note the perf to left is -9v):
View attachment 78747

I drew up the PNP schematic from this layout at Solo Guitars for myself, it's for a replacement board they sell:

View attachment 78753

So I figured I'd just swap 'round the caps and transistors to make it NPN:

View attachment 78754
I haven't compared my schematic to Rocket88's NPN vero nor to Storyboardist's etchable layout, but if you see any mistakes please let me know.

Not sure what transistors you'd want but something that matches the hFE of the PNP 2N4601 (datasheet says 90–330, but I think I read 110 is average). Anyway, try 2N3904 or something with lower hFE, read up on which position gets the more powerful transistor if any, or better yet just try stuff out and trust your own ears.
Awesome, this’ll help!

Back