Small Bear - How big are their film caps?

wintercept

Long story short I am missing some values I need, and since I am putting together a Small Bear order anyways I figured I'd try out their Topmay TMC05 caps. A little pricy compared to other caps, but it beats having to place another order somewhere else at this point when factoring in shipping.

https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/topmay-tmc05-001-f-1-f/

So, does anyone have any experience with the size of these things? Do they have 5mm lead spacing and will they fit where a regular 7.2 x 2.5mm box cap would (or bigger for values like 470nF or 1uF)? Feel free to post some pictures of them in your builds. That would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

They are the same package as the Panasonic ECQ-B, 5mm lead spacing, so they should work fine but maybe someone has firsthand experience (always better).

They are the same package as the Panasonic ECQ-B, 5mm lead spacing, so they should work fine but maybe someone has firsthand experience (always better).
This is correct. They can have a little bulge in the middles so they aren't as tight and stackable as box caps. Anything over 100nf and they get pretty chunky.

Sadly I don't have experience with those Panasonic caps either. I guess they were pretty popular for DIY stuff and got pretty scarce when they stopped making them.

Thanks for the response!

Reactions: fig
This is correct. They can have a little bulge in the middles so they aren't as tight and stackable as box caps. Anything over 100nf and they get pretty chunky.
Thank you! I only need 1uF and values under 47nF. Small bear has box caps as well so maybe I'll try both.

Much appreciated.

Reactions: fig
Back