DEMO Snozzberry Overdrive! (One Control Strawberry Red OD)

This post contains an audio or video demo
Blueberry, Blackberry, and Raspberry are already taken. Would that make this the Acai Berry? Plum?
Boysenberry, very yummy. Current JAM, if it were just another Muff, but it's not JAM.

Salmonberry, also yummy — picked wild ones in my youth on a quarter-section we used to have,
and tart Gooseberries and teensy wild strawberries and the best berry of them all (see below).

Combine the Snozzberry with an HM-2 for a "LINGONBERRY BURST".

Cranberry (Snozzberry) and ... ? Forget what the hell combo I was goin' for here. Too many berries, too many distractions. Squirrelberry!

Lychee — a fruity idea 'cause it's not really a berry at all. There's all sorts of weird-to-Westerners fruit in Asia —Jack, Dragon, alien-looking Rambutans, Mangosteens... back to berries...

Hmmm searching google...
  • Elderberries.
  • Cloudberries.
  • Huckleberry.
  • Gooseberries.
  • Chokeberries.
  • Mulberries.
  • Salmonberry.
  • Muscadines ... [say what? Never heard of 'em before]
  • Buffaloberries [now they're just pulling my leg, what a great name for the pedal!]
Yeah, I was about to say Choke-cherries... I'm guessing that's the same as "chokeberries".

Here's the poisonous ones that are great for namin', if not for eatin':

Holly berries. These tiny berries contain the toxic compound saponin, which may cause nausea, vomiting, and stomach cramps (51Trusted Source).
Mistletoe. This popular Christmas plant has white berries that contain the toxic compound phoratoxin. It can cause stomach issues and a slow heartbeat (bradycardia), as well as brain, kidney, and adrenal gland toxicity (51Trusted Source).
Jerusalem cherries. Also known as Christmas orange, this plant has yellow-red berries that contain solanine, a compound that can cause gastrointestinal infections, stomach cramping, and an irregular heartbeat (tachycardia) (51Trusted Source).
Bittersweet. Also called woody nightshade, berries from this plant contain solanine. They’re similar to Jerusalem cherries and can cause similar side effects (51Trusted Source).
Pokeweed berries. These purple berries look like grapes but contain toxic compounds in the roots, leaves, stem, and fruit. This plant tends to get more toxic as it matures, and eating the berries is potentially fatal (52).
Ivy berries. Purple-black to orange-yellow in color, these berries contain the toxin saponin. They may cause nausea, vomiting, and stomach cramps (53).
Yew berries. These bright red berries contain potentially toxic seeds. One study showed that eating too many yew seeds caused seizures (53).
Virginia creeper berries. These climbing vine berries contain toxic amounts of calcium oxalate. Consuming too much of this compound can have toxic effects on your kidneys

Plenty more if you dive deeper into the Net-pool.
Wow! SALAL, and BILBERRIES! Never heard of Salal, but I've seen Bilberries though never tried to eat 'em.

The best berry of them all bar none is the Saskatoon.
Saskatoon Pie, Saskatoon Jam, Saskatoon syrup, Saskatoon BEER! ... Why just two days ago I had a Bison Burger with Saskatoons on it — dang! Should've taken a pic for the Sandwich thread! Ayaaaa. Anyway, I also picked up some real Pemican with Saskatoons in it. YUM!

thanks for posting the translated discussion about the pedal.

muscadines are found in western NC (and no doubt elsewhere). I heard people talk about drinking muscadine wine when I was growing up but I don't think I have ever seen any.

but plenty about muscadines on the internet

Back