Solderless PCB Sockets For Testing

I meant to get some test hook clips like the DCA75 uses on my last tayda order. I figure those and some thicker bus wire would make quick work of testing like this. I have some 18 or 20awg wire already (cant remember exactly) that fits snug enough in the board. I use it with breadboard jumpers now as it is and it's pretty good but the hooks would be ideal.
I really, really like the clips Peak uses. I have some comparable ones I need to connect wire to - shame I don't have anything thicker than 22, this is a good idea.

I'm fairly certain, but haven't tried, that one could sand down Dupont wires to pressure fit as well
edit:I take that back after checking. dupont is to thin. barely.

I'm fairly certain, but haven't tried, that one could sand down Dupont wires to pressure fit as well
Funny, that's what I was thinking of when you mentioned m/f headers! Sawing those apart is a chore, then you have to clip/sand the remnants of the sacrificed "middle" on each "liberated" socket... yeesh

oh, here's the thing I figured out that I forgot

Funny, that's what I was thinking of when you mentioned m/f headers! Sawing those apart is a chore, then you have to clip/sand the remnants of the sacrificed "middle" on each "liberated" socket... yeesh
Hakko-CHP-170-Micro-Cutter.jpg

these work for me. snip a single off the bunch and if it doesn't fly into orbit, snip again. then crush with pliers.
or there's always fire.

oh, here's the thing I figured out that I forgot

Nice! It'll be slightly wonkier using two single header pins to say, audition resistor values, but this is actually a good trick to know.

hese work for me. snip a single off the bunch and if it doesn't fly into orbit, snip again. then crush with pliers.
or there's always fire.
Heh, I use my "off brand" clippers for this kinda harsh treatment... Nothing like hard plastic to shorten a micro cutter's life!

Heh, I use my "off brand" clippers for this kinda harsh treatment... Nothing like hard plastic to shorten a micro cutter's life!
Those are pretty cheap if you buy a few at a time. I keep 2 pair around. The new ones and the old ones. :)

Back