SOLVED: Hex file output from SpinASM

Nostradoomus

So I finally got around to plugging in my FV-1 Development board, all systems go there (computer recognizes it, can read the IC, deflector.bin boots up just fine etc).

So I download a few spinasm files from github and load the project into SpinASM IDE, hit build, status states Build Complete and...nothing in my hex output folder. Huh? I’ve got the boxes checked to output the C+ Header File and Intel HEX, they just don’t appear and I’m stumped!

Last edited:
I spent about 20 minutes looking at this stuff after I finished my Dev board and my brain melted and the singularity occurred. So yeah, I'm stumped too.

huh weird. Mine doesn't have C+ Header File as an option, maybe it's a different version of the SpinASM software? Or I have the project window set up differently from you?
1607447876597.png

I remember having a few issues with getting up an running, don't remember if I had this issue specifically.

“Source file” I believe is the C Header output. Sounds like it doesn’t make a difference haha. Mine is exactly like that, it builds and then nothing outputs. That’s why I’m stumped!

Maybe I’ll uninstall any program I’ve downloaded as far as flashing eeproms go and do a clean install of SpinASM and see what happens. As far as I can tell I’m doing everything correctly, I read the manual from Spin and it’s all good up to this point. It even says build complete with no errors so....”Have you tried turning it off and on?” :D

Back