SOLVED Solved; PRO 10 Blue side behaving strangely

Svenson007

Hey guys. I dove head first into the PRO-10 and realllllyyy like it. Love that it lightened up the “woofyness” of the Nobels. And the BB side (blue) is great as well. I feel like it has a little more beef then some other derivatives? Of course green into blue is killer.

I’m not sure if I have a problem though. The tone control on the blue side acts as somewhat of a volume control along with the tone. To the point that you can almost zero out the volume all the way down with the tone control.

It doesn’t bother me too much as I just bump up the volume/gain. I know they made some changes to to tone control vs blues breaker. Is this normal? Maybe they focused on the above 12 o’clock mark?

Built one for somebody else though and they are questioning it. It doesn’t bother me like I said. But I want to make them happy.

Is this normal? I’m not even sure what method they tweaked to change the tone control from the original.

Plz help!

I know one of you guys smarter then me will know.

I’d like to explain why this happens to this person/fix it if possible.

Thanks so much.

Hey guys. I dove head first into the PRO-10 and realllllyyy like it. Love that it lightened up the “woofyness” of the Nobels. And the BB side (blue) is great as well. I feel like it has a little more beef then some other derivatives? Of course green into blue is killer.

I’m not sure if I have a problem though. The tone control on the blue side acts as somewhat of a volume control along with the tone. To the point that you can almost zero out the volume all the way down with the tone control.

It doesn’t bother me too much as I just bump up the volume/gain. I know they made some changes to to tone control vs blues breaker. Is this normal? Maybe they focused on the above 12 o’clock mark?

Built one for somebody else though and they are questioning it. It doesn’t bother me like I said. But I want to make them happy.

Is this normal? I’m not even sure what method they tweaked to change the tone control from the original.

Plz help!

I know one of you guys smarter then me will know.

I’d like to explain why this happens to this person/fix it if possible.

Thanks so much.
Surprise surprise it was a short somewhere in the enclosure. Strange thing is I built two and had the same problem. Took em out of the case…. Worked fine. Put the circuit back in. Works fine. It’s always a damn short haha

I’d like to add. It’s a very very tight squeeze. I found it nearly impossible to find a way to squeeze jacks in at all. Forget about closed style jacks. I’m guessing the shorts are happening around them. The smallest little copper thread.

Last edited:
Back