SOLVED xb-mb help please

jaysharpwilliams

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've traced the circuit path with an audio probe and it ends at R14? I don't hear the signal on the end of the resistor on the IC2 side of r14 just the opposite side. Is there a component in the schematic after r14 I could isolate and check that would affect the signal after r14? I attached images of the schem. that was emailed to me and a depiction (most) of the places I hear the signal before r14. I don't think attaching images of the board would help. I've used a magnifying glass to go over all the joints and I don't see any issues. My voltages are
IC1 IC2
1 4.3 1 4.3
2 4.4 2 4.3
3 4.3 3 4.3
4 0 4 0
5 4.3 5 4.3
6 4.3 6 4.3
7 4.3 7 4.3
8 8.7 8 8.7
there. XB-MB board_Page_1.jpg XB-MB schem.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures always help I've built around 400 pedals over the last 9 years but still recently managed to solder not 1 but 3 incorrect resistor values on a deep blue delay build

If you've checked R14 for value, continuity with adjoining components, dry solder joints and reflowed your joints etc you'd simply check the next component inline in this case pin 6, R15 etc

Its very easy to get a poor connection with your probe so if you get no audio always test the next adjoining component just in case

When you find and rectify your problem area in this case it's looking like R14 always probe your out pad before packing your gear away and make sure there's no other faults

Your IC voltages are all good

Pictures always help I've built around 400 pedals over the last 9 years but still recently managed to solder not 1 but 3 incorrect resistor values on a deep blue delay build

If you've checked R14 for value, continuity with adjoining components, dry solder joints and reflowed your joints etc you'd simply check the next component inline in this case pin 6, R15 etc

Its very easy to get a poor connection with your probe so if you get no audio always test the next adjoining component just in case

When you find and rectify your problem area in this case it's looking like R14 always probe your out pad before packing your gear away and make sure there's no other faults

Your IC voltages are all good

Back