Son of Ben again

eroots

New member
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is the 3rd time I've built this one - I typically list my builds for sale even if I want to keep them (gotta fund the other builds somehow), and the last two went fast so I had to do another.

As always the layout was easy to work with. I love that it has the option for either the SMD or through-hole (or adaptor board) J201s - I used the adaptor boards here but only because I ran out of loose SMD ones.

I see some super neat and tidy builds here and... I'm still working on that, especially with the cabling.
I also haven't seen many builds using this paint style, and there's probably a good reason for that. The enclosure is sanded down and an acrylic gesso is applied in a few coats, followed by a few coats of brushed on paint (again acrylic). It definitely isn't the most professional looking finish, but it's a lot of fun, and has the bonus that any mistakes can be done over, or integrated into the aesthetic.
I spray on a few layers of matte topcoat, and then 2 more with a gloss layer to add a bit of sheen (I find using all gloss is too shiny, so that it can be hard to read the labels under bright lights).

No problems getting it to work. Great sounding pre-amp that is in a constant battle with the Mach 1 for my always-on low gain / clean sound.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20261001_143340757.jpg
    PXL_20261001_143340757.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20261001_143352455.jpg
    PXL_20261001_143352455.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20261001_143404014.jpg
    PXL_20261001_143404014.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20261001_144011908.jpg
    PXL_20261001_144011908.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top