Spatialist (I swear this one will be quick though)

jrh312

With my other post about this PCB a mile long by now, I wanted to post this separate. Long story short, I received a replacement EEPROM in the mail today and it works beautifully now....except one thing I noticed tonight.

All modes are exactly as they should be except the Shimmer mode. It reverts exactly back to the same effects as "Room" mode as you can hear in the audio clip I'm linking here.

One bit of discussion we were talking about previously was that I might have possibly lifted a pad when flipping the rotary switch around. I'm assuming that's the case here. If so, can I just solder a jumper between that pin and the next component in line (a diode, it looks like)....or what would the procedure be there?

Here is the audio link:

Set the rotary to the Shimmer mode and measure the voltages on R7, R16, and R17.

You should have:
R7 - 3.3V
R16 - 0V
R17 - 3.3V

Last edited:
OK cool, run a jumper wire from the outer red pad of the rotary down to the red pad of either one of those diodes.
Perfect - I'll give that a shot in the morning and see how it goes. You deserve a raise or a medal or at least a high five for all the time you've put into helping me with this thing.... I appreciate it! As I said earlier the rest of it is absolutely fantastic sounding! A whole lot roomier and than I was expecting on some of those modes. Sounds like it could go on for days!

How did this go? @jrh312
Worked out great! It ended up being a faulty EEPROM that caused the major headache, and there was a lifted pad elsewhere. I have to say I'm not a fan of PCB builds and will probably stick to Vero builds like I normally had been doing.

I ended up putting in a switch to be able to shift back and forth between the Spatialist EEPROM and the FV1 default programs.

Back