Spirit Box Build

robotecho

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Built the Spirit Box yesterday. Wonderful reverb / echo that reminds me of Mazzy Star.

At first test "Dwell" had no effect, apparently this is common (and happens with other PCBs as well). Fix is to swap the 22k resistor at R8 out for something smaller. I had to get back in behind the Belton Brick to get R8 out, which sucked! I have "socketed" a 10k resistor in there for now, which works quite well.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 91
  • offset.jpg
    offset.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 92
  • guts.jpg
    guts.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 93
nice! the design came out great.. it's like if walrus and matthews efx had a baby, but none of the bad genes were passed down.

i did a ouija board inspired box, butttttt somehow fucked up the most simple coordinates - standby for 12 BUSINESS DAYS WORKSHOP IS OVERLOADED : )

I'm curious... socketed resistor ?
So trying to replace that resistor was a nightmare, I think I would really have to take off the Belton brick to remove the solder and solder a new resistor properly. So I cut up a header instead, fitted each piece of the header by heating the pads and pushing the wire through, and now I can swap that resistor out freely.

It aint' pretty but it works!

So trying to replace that resistor was a nightmare, I think I would really have to take off the Belton brick to remove the solder and solder a new resistor properly. So I cut up a header instead, fitted each piece of the header by heating the pads and pushing the wire through, and now I can swap that resistor out freely.

It aint' pretty but it works!
Gotcha… I built one of those a while back. I think I socketed the brick…

Back