SOLVED Squidward > Amentum > El Sol > 2 Sticks Fuzz Brainteaser

This is one I've been really stoked for, but knew deep down wouldn't come out right the first time. Worth a shot, but now I'm here because I need halp. So here's what I know:

• It doesn't pass dry signal, just wicked continuous feedback no matter what unless I unplug one of the jacks and disconnect the circuit from the amp
  • All the LEDs fire up
  • The flavour of the feedback changes when I engage different effects, but not when I play into the pedal
I hooked it up like 2 independent 2-in-1 pedals (as per the PedalPCB Wiki, see below) in one enclosure being fed from the same 9VDC jack. I made it so I could add other pedals in between the octave/boost section and the distortion/fuzz section, when I'm not using it that way I jump the two sections together with a patch cable. I tried plugging into each section individually but I still get the same feedback problem with no note definition or any indication that it's picking up what I'm putting down. It might be significant that I can't manipulate the feedback by playing the guitar, but I don't know how to interpret that.

I've attached a diagram of how I wired it up, and a gut-shot, so if anyone picks up on something in there please let me know. Otherwise, any guidance on how to start troubleshooting this would be massively appreciated.

Thanks big time !

image_50384385.JPG

Capture.PNG image_50423041.JPG

image_50447105.JPG

Attachments

• image_50447105.JPG
    image_50447105.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • image_50423041.JPG
    image_50423041.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: fig
That is a LOT of pedal. Someone may spot Waldo in there, but if not do you have an audio probe?

You can trace the signal from the pedal's input jack along the signal path until you find where the output goes astray.

If you don't have one we can help you make one with common parts.

That is a LOT of pedal. Someone may spot Waldo in there, but if not do you have an audio probe?

You can trace the signal from the pedal's input jack along the signal path until you find where the output goes astray.

If you don't have one we can help you make one with common parts.
I don't have one, but spare parts I do have. I'll have a poke around on this forum for an audio probe build and report back. Thanks !

That's a lot of yellow wire. You could have a wire mixed somewhere. Did each circuit work/was tested prior to this massive off board wiring excursion? This Is exactly why I color code everything, makes for much easier trouble shooting. Audio probe is it in this case.
That's what I thought at first too, so I drew the diagram directly from what I had hooked up inside the enclosure to see if something obvious popped out at me that I got crossed. But it looks like I did everything according to the wiki diagram for a 2-in-1. There's obviously a loop in there somewhere because nothing I'm feeding it comes out the other end, it's just doing laps inside the circuit. Would an audio probe help me sus that out?

I'm pretty new to building pedals so my testing right now is as sophisticated as build it, don't put the back on yet and see what happens when I plug it in : P An audio probe would be a major upgrade to my workbench

Fairly simple to make;
1624022468393.png
You can use an old DMM lead for the probe wire, or just solder a paper clip or something to a length of wire to make contact with the components on the build.

@jnfpbenjamin kudos to you for being so ambitious as a new builder. This is a pretty sweet pedal. Unfortunately the silly mistakes seem to happen from time to time even as you get more experience lol ask me how I know

Back