Stereo Harmonic Tremolo

mybud

Hi folks: My question concerns the off-board connections for this build. I received a 4PDT board with nine holes (obviously for the switch) but the board has five, so I’m unsure how to wire this. Also, are there specific LDRs involved? I should (touch wood) be ok with the remaining board components since they’re helpfully (as ever) marked on the PCB. Any guidance gratefully received. Best to all.

Behold the utiltarian housing of the thoroughly rewarding stereo harmonic tremolo.

Note the misplaced middle pots.

Note to future self: do try to account for the difference between the holes for the pots and the actual pot dimensions. Thank the pedal gods I had only tack soldered the lower pots so I removed them and replaced them with wired pots.

I also chickened out on trying to fit four Lumbergs in a row at the top so as you see it features side and top pots both. I figured that sooner or later my luck would run out and went for a functional compromise.

It sure ain't pretty but it works and will be great with stereo modular patches, I think.

I'll erase the pencil lines in time but the strictly functional aesthetic has a certain <je ne sais quoi> about it. In other words, I have no idea how to describe it.

As always, thanks for reading and please go build one of these, especially useful if you play two guitars at once (two basses, two washboards, two accordions, two banjos, etc.)

IMG_3254.jpg IMG_3256.jpg

Back