Stockade build not working, no sound

sgygi777

Hey just built up the Stockade and having trouble getting it working. Thought I'd see anyone could help. I'm getting guitar signal while bypassed but no sound when engaged. LEDs work. Switches work. So I used an audio probe to see where it drops. I'm getting signal up to the buffer toggle but no further. I suspected the IC so I swapped it with a spare and then again with different one that should work and neither changed anything. Tried to flow solder on a few joints, didn't change anything. SO I'm pretty stumped at this point. Any ideas? THANK YOU

The board seems a bit dirty. Also some of the solder tits look like they almost touch each other. I would really double check that with a magnifying glass if you can (I often use the zoom in my phone camera to magnify things).

I've marked up a few areas here with the offboard wiring that could use some touch-ups. I would recommend keeping the wire insulation tight to the point of connection, possibly even wrapping the wires in heat shrink tubing if feasible.

I agree with others: you could probably benefit from cutting the component leads closer to the board as well. Take carr of both of those, and you'll significantly reduce the chances of a short circuit screwing with ya during the troubleshooting process.

Beyond that, make sure all your directional components are in the right way: LEDS, other diodes, electrolytic caps, IC's and transistors.

2kkQMw2_d__01.jpg

Back