Storage Questions

Not a component storage question, but… does anyone have a good way of traveling with a bunch of loose pedals? Like one or two dozen?

I think I could get a large gun case and arrange the foam partitions as needed. But wanted to see if anyone else came up with a solution for that.
Wrap them in black plastic, then clear plastic. Sprinkle some corn starch between the two layers to absorb any moisture. If driving, arrange them packed together tightly where your spare tire fits in the trunk/boot/bonnet/whatever. If flying, it's best to place them in a duffle bag and have it as your carry on.

I picked up about million 6 mil thick plastic Ziploc style bags, 3"x5"

Then about a grip of Akro mils 30120s.

Then a Brady bmp-21 labeler, And some dividers for the 30120s (40120s).

Then, baggies. Lots of baggies. And organization.

I had used a bunch of the big mini drawer Akro mils thingies. Those were garbage for organization, because they're A) too shallow & can't be stacked, B) every time I had to add another value I had to move every drawer over one, and C) they're open on top ALL THE TIME, and if you so much as bump one you'll be finding scattered components in the wrong drawers for ages.

Not to mention how much time I've spent re-organizing small value MLCC'S after I accidently tipped one over as I was moving. Woof.

This is much better:

1000006050.jpg
1000006049.jpg

Not a component storage question, but… does anyone have a good way of traveling with a bunch of loose pedals? Like one or two dozen?

I think I could get a large gun case and arrange the foam partitions as needed. But wanted to see if anyone else came up with a solution for that.
Camera bags have good options for re-arrangeable partitions etc to accommodate different lenses, camera-bodies, flashes etc;
works well for pedals, though might be a bit of a stretch for 2-dozen.

Back