Sunflower Fuzz Mods

I never played a Fuzz Face, silicon in particular that NEEDED more output.

I have a one on the breadboard right now with 330 ohm in the Rc2b slot and that shit is hella loud.

What other mods do you think you need/want?

I never played a Fuzz Face, silicon in particular that NEEDED more output.

I have a one on the breadboard right now with 330 ohm in the Rc2b slot and that shit is hella loud.

What other mods do you think you need/want?
This is the GE ff. I'd like to have a more usable volume sweep. I'm always diming this pedal and it leaves me wanted more.

Is it possible to have more volume and more gain or a better sweep on the fuzz control? I know historically it's a pedal designed to be max on both though.

This is the GE ff. I'd like to have a more usable volume sweep. I'm always diming this pedal and it leaves me wanted more.

Is it possible to have more volume and more gain or a better sweep on the fuzz control? I know historically it's a pedal designed to be max on both though.

Yes to all those things!

So is yours a stock Sunflower?

Does the silicon ff have more volume as well or will I run into a similar issue?

You can raise the nominal 470 ohm resistor for more output.

My question is this though: do you really need more volume? I’m running a fairly high gain silicon Fuzz Face on the breadboard right now with a 330 ohm output resistor.

That bitch is LOUD at unity.

What is the amp setup you are running this on?

I've been going between an 18 watt TMB, Plexi, and a Matamp. I'd just like to have unity gain at twelve o clock like on a big muff.

I've been going between an 18 watt TMB, Plexi, and a Matamp. I'd just like to have unity gain at twelve o clock like on a big muff.

If you feel you have enough output overall bit just want to shift the taper, try a linear.

Then again, the maximum output volume available will be the same. So you may as well just leave it and turn the volume control up. In short, it doesn’t matter if you have to crank it, the maximum output is the same ragrdless of the intermediate settings.

If you need more output, change the 470 ohm up to between 680-1.2k.

EDIT: What Big Muff are you using where unity is 12 o’clock! 😂

Last edited:
If you feel you have enough output overall bit just want to shift the taper, try a linear.

Then again, the maximum output volume available will be the same. So you may as well just leave it and turn the volume control up. In short, it doesn’t matter if you have to crank it, the maximum output is the same ragrdless of the intermediate settings.

If you need more output, change the 470 ohm up to between 680-1.2k.

EDIT: What Big Muff are you using where unity is 12 o’clock! 😂
It's definitely not the Shika fuzz. Unity is roughly at 9 o'clock in that.

The Rams Head Number three is pretty close as is the IC big muff.

Reactions: fig
I also can't imagine needing more volume from a Fuzz Face. The kast bit of sweep just adds a ton of hiss. I always set it to be at unity when my guitar is rolled back to completely clean (which requires the Fuzz knob to be rolled back a bit on both Si and Ge).

I also can't imagine needing more volume from a Fuzz Face. The kast bit of sweep just adds a ton of hiss. I always set it to be at unity when my guitar is rolled back to completely clean (which requires the Fuzz knob to be rolled back a bit on both Si and Ge).
I think it ends up being a product of my amp volume. It definitely works better when I'm playing my 18 watt, which is basically dimed. Lately at band practice, ive been using the 100 watt Matamp at like 3 or the Plexi at 4 as pedal platforms and I don't get the same volume. I know when I do get to play a show and record the volume won't be an issue.

I'll give a boost a try with it and I'm going to finish up the Aion silicon fuzz face I have too.

I could just end up using the Shika instead.

Back