Sushi Box Particle Accelerator - PCB Design Challenge #1 Prize

swyse

I want to start off by saying thanks to @temol for putting the contest together and @vigilante398 for the awesome kit I built here. I had a blast putting this one together. It was a surprisingly straightforward build. The only parts I had to double check with the build doc on were the assembly of the tube daughter board and the offboard wiring, for the rest I just followed the PCB and it went smooth. The enclosure finish is hard to capture, but it's like a nice deep blue with lots of sparkle. I saw these boards just went on sale from sushi box and I can definitely recommend picking one up if you're looking for a nice sounding preamp to boost your amp.

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

As far as the sound goes, it doesn't have much distortion itself but it has a really nice EQ that I have found works great with my setup. Here's a quick one take clip of what it sounds like with my computer through an amp simulator, I haven't had the chance to play it through any of my real amps, but I think it will be even better as it seems to have a good amount of volume on tap and will be able to push an amp pretty good I bet.

Back