Switching A and C in an ABC 3 pedal layout.

jcrews

Hey y'all.

I'm in a pickle. I had asked about this on the DIY pedal subreddit and they went private for the protest before I could save the image. So i know it's out there but im having a hell of a time finding it....

Here's what I have:
3 circuits in one big 1590dd. I have it all grounded and powering up and all looks good. The last piece was wiring up a 4pdt switch to change the order of the first pedal (A) and the last pedal (C) and leaving the middle pedal (B) always in the middle position.

I can vaguely remember the b in and out going to the top middle lugs and the outside lugs crossing back across..... it was something like that.

Anyway. I'm stuck and have everything ready to go but I have an IN and OUT from each pedal, the IN and OUT Jacks and the switch.... And i didn't plan for the API change protest like an idiot. If anyone has this diagram handy I'd be VERY grateful.

Thanks again dudes.

no LED's needed for this. Is there an easier way to do it? Obviously i can do the 2 pedal order switcher with a 3pdt but im trying to keep B in the middle and only swap A and C. I have 10 leads to terminate at the switch already.

So here is what I did for this exact situation. Go from the input jack to effect B stomp. Wire up A and C to the switcher as normal. Effect B out will be the main in to the switcher and the main out from the switcher goes to the output jack like normal,

@neiltheseal

To follow up. Your diagram did EXACTLY what i wanted. Knocked out two triple builds with it.
First is lightspeed>4 knob nobels>DRV with buffer and clipping mods. Second is lightspeed into ODR-C into mostortion. Same A and C swap switch on both.

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpeg
    IMG_0931.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0930.jpeg
    IMG_0930.jpeg
    721.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0916.jpeg
    IMG_0916.jpeg
    630.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 70872683106__FC1E6EE5-7136-4349-AFC3-915A10D5E4B9.jpeg
    70872683106__FC1E6EE5-7136-4349-AFC3-915A10D5E4B9.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 16
Those are sick, I really like the raw enclosure with the stamped labels. Are these based on combos that worked on your board?

Thats exactly where it came from. I've been stacking a lightspeed into a nobels in one way or another for years. the order switcher allows either to work well with the LS as an "on all the time preamp" or to slam the front end for boost. It was a way to cut down on cables power inlets etc. I can throw a fuzz in front or a clean boost/preamp after. But it does a LOT as a standalone. honestly, if you don't do the all the extra mod stuff, it's less work than building three separate pedals. Less jacks, less power inlet, one box to drill.

after years of having those three on all my boards i was curious to try to just put em all together. Everything else moves around more/you don't clone boss digital delays etc. These are staples for me.

Last edited:
Here it is in a stand alone enclosure.
There are N/C contacts on all the loops, so if you don't plug something in it just gets automatically bridged.
It's a stomp switch and there are no contacts left for the LED. So you just have to use your ears.
If you want visual confirmation you could just use a 2 position toggle style instead.

Attachments

• 20230315_150446.jpg
    20230315_150446.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230315_150456.jpg
    20230315_150456.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 20
@neiltheseal

To follow up. Your diagram did EXACTLY what i wanted. Knocked out two triple builds with it.
First is lightspeed>4 knob nobels>DRV with buffer and clipping mods. Second is lightspeed into ODR-C into mostortion. Same A and C swap switch on both.

That's great to hear that it worked out well for you. Those builds look awesome, I need to make another 3-in-1 pedal and try this out too.

+1 !

I didn't even think it was possible to switch A & C while leaving B in the middle. Total EYE-OPENER!

Now I've got to decide what combo to build, AND I'll want to do the stand alone looper, too.

+1 !

I didn't even think it was possible to switch A & C while leaving B in the middle. Total EYE-OPENER!

Now I've got to decide what combo to build, AND I'll want to do the stand alone looper, too.
Why not take it up a notch and do a double one that allows:

A > B > C > D

C > B > A > D

A > D > C > B

C > D > A > B

😉🤣🤣🤣

Here it is in a stand alone enclosure.
There are N/C contacts on all the loops, so if you don't plug something in it just gets automatically bridged.
It's a stomp switch and there are no contacts left for the LED. So you just have to use your ears.
If you want visual confirmation you could just use a 2 position toggle style instead.
@Robert any chance you could work up something like this using a pair of relays with the same momentary action as the intelligent relay boards and led indication?

Back