SOLVED Tactical Fuzz No Audio

Fontelroy

I'm having troubles with my tactical fuzz build - https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/pcb656/
First off I know there's no transistors in the sockets in the first pic, I've tested two working good pairs of npn transistors with matching pinouts to no avail. I will say I'm not sure I've ever got a fuzz working that required this transformer so I posted more pics of another of the transistors because I suspect that's where the issue is. but if anyone has any ideas here I'd really appreciate it!

IMG_6550.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6551.jpg
    IMG_6551.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6552.jpg
    IMG_6552.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6553.jpg
    IMG_6553.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6554.jpg
    IMG_6554.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 28
Welp, I forgot to solder in the second side of two components.... we're in business now and soundin glorious!
Which transistors did you use and where did you end up on the trimpot setting? Where should you set the trimpot when there’s an external bias control?

Last edited:
I don’t remember the exact transistors but both germanium, pretty standard low ish gain if I’m remembering right. For the bias trimpot I’ll set the external bias to noon then dial the internal trimpot till I see 4.5v on the collector of q2. That way the external bias control has a bit of wiggle in either direction. I assume that’s kind of a standard way to do it but I often find I like a lot of fuzzes with the bias set around 5-5.5v

Back