TAD BiasMaster

Mourguitars

I bought one of these its kinda pricey...but looked better than the other one i seen on Amazon for less than a $100, so i spent double that...its a nice tool

I power tube rolled to day...biasing was easy and tried 3 different brands of tubes with my 800...im glad i bought some tall skinny knobs that was too big for the pedal pot shafts ...they fit perfect on that bias pot on the amp made dialing in very quick vs a slick metal hot shaft

Was using a reg Multimeter, i double checked everything with it and the TAD BM....on my Archon50...both units was spot on numbers the same ...on the 4 tube sets..it was like .1-3 off but its hard to match a quad of tubes

Had some fun...what i noticed was some power tubes wasn't tight like on the EHX...JJ's had more Bottom end and the Svetlanas sounded the best to me ...everything felt right whit the rest of my rig..so those stayed in

Mike

20210813_134701.jpg

20210813_134517.jpg
20210813_164543.jpg

20210813_152115.jpg

Each one of those Power Tube sets sounded different.... same with V1 tube and V3...V3 has to be balanced, well so they say so its a LPS...had a EI in there before when i had the Hot Mod out

V1 a old Mullard makes it buttery...Old Amprex is more to my liking...A chinese square getter has more treble, Gain and great for heavy stuff

I can go on and on...i never was a believer in that ANOS stuff...but my late friend got me into it , so i have about 200 pre amp tubes...i like tube rollin !

I have all and i mean all TGP fav's...

LOL

Mike

It was a Impulse buy for me...i like it and i like tools anyways since i dont use a massive amount of $$$$ in Snap On and Mac tools any more ....i buy my tubes in 6's or 8's matched sets but ones always off and helps me trying another in that spot that is weak...thats very handy with m OCD...wow i just admitted that ! LOL

Mike

Late night buy on a matched quad set of tubes came today so....gonna put them in and play with my new toy again ...lol ...im in that mood

Also after watching vids on youtube for weeks well months taking notes now , gonna use the scope and my multimeter and test some voltages run a signal thru it and learn that...But first im gonna discharge the caps...check make sure it safe ..then fire it up and discharge caps a few times get real real sure im doing it right make sure that amp is very safe...before i instal a buffered loop i got in from Jason at Headfirst amps....i like his vids...but not do the instal today tho...do things one step at a time...take pics and recheck my homework then recheck multiple times on where i need to drill and mount it...schools in so to speak

Mike

Back