Tayda Super Hard On/Zvex Super Hard On boost pedal - MOFSET Boost 1590a

OD is Glorious

Well-known member
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
IMG_1759.jpeg
I love this Tayda MOFSET boost. It does not break up even when cranked, it is just lots of clean headroom. Unity is at 8:00 and going past 12pm on the dial it starts to gets very loud. I enjoy the circuit and I can recommend it as a boost or to add into another build. There are not many parts and it utilizes a MOFSET BS170. If you are in need of crystal clear clean boost, this circuit has it. It makes sense that this is a boost by Zvex (Zvex Super Hard On boost pedal), because I was enthusiastic about their Channel 2 circuit.

Lots of room for this pcb and all components inside this Tayda green sand texture 1590a. I still used a low profile footswitch and two low profile jacks. I used a Tayda footswitch breakout board because the wires line up better and it has ground pads. For the graphics I used a waterslide and I then applied 2k clear. I used a Davies 1470 knob and a bezel-less red diffused 3mm - 1/8" hole. If you want to start putting circuits in 1590a enclosures this would be a good choice.

Notes:
  1. You can use a 2n7000 in place of the BS170, but you have to flip it 180 degrees.
  2. You need a C5k potentiometer
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1761.jpeg
    IMG_1761.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
View attachment 125354
I love this Tayda MOFSET boost. It does not break up even when cranked, it is just lots of clean headroom. Unity is at 8:00 and going past 12pm on the dial it starts to gets very loud. I enjoy the circuit and I can recommend it as a boost or to add into another build. There are not many parts and it utilizes a MOFSET BS170. If you are in need of crystal clear clean boost, this circuit has it.

Lots of room for this pcb and all componentsTayda sand texture green 1590a. I still used a low profile footswitch and two low profile jacks. For the graphics I used a waterslide and I then applied 2k clear. I used a Davies 1470 knob and a bezelless red diffused 3mm - 1/8" hole. If you want to start putting circuits in 1590a enclosures this would be a good choice.

Notes:
  1. You can use a 2n7000 in place of the BS170, but you have to flip it 180 degrees.
  2. You need a C5k potentiometer
I think this is the first build report of any of the Tayda circuits I’ve seen. Could be wrong, but like I tell my wife, probably not lol

Great job! Looks clean! Just curious what it’s a clone of?
 
I think this is the first build report of any of the Tayda circuits I’ve seen. Could be wrong, but like I tell my wife, probably not lol

Great job! Looks clean! Just curious what it’s a clone of?
Thanks. It is a clone of the ZVex Super Hard On boost pedal. Thanks for reminding me to put that in the title!
 
Back
Top