Tayda vs Alpha pots: fight!

giovanni

Tayda has both Alpha branded and Tayda branded pots, which are 20c cheaper (I am about to order >100 of these so it's not a small difference!). I am not sure what I got in the past, probably the Tayda brand, but I am trying to be a bit more careful with component choice so I wonder if Alpha is worth the extra 20c?!?

If you count the dust covers you would save about $25 bucks I think or some where around there… I have used both and I personally haven’t noticed much of a difference or any but I don’t build a high volume of pedals so someone who’s a shaker and mover might have a different experience.

I usually just grab the Tayda ones, as long as what I need is in stock. I've used quite a few of them now, including pedals I've built for others, and no issues so far.

Pots are pots. Any of the 16mm variety seem to be pretty interchangable.

As long as they don't move on their own, and match their spec'd taper and resistance, and are the correct form factor: it's hard to go wrong.

I typically don't go with tayda's simply because the interface is a nightmare to order from. Stompbox parts is where I get mine...but on occasion, if SBP is out, I'll order from Tayda. Can't tell a difference in use between any of em, only difference seems to be the material that the carbon track is printed on...some use some kind of fiberboard, others use a pcb-type material.

Still...I imagine if one has a tendency of playing the pedal, IE shifting parameters in real time, there may be a difference.

Back