Tearjerker Build

Pufftones

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I'm pleased with the way this turned out both physically and aesthetically. It fired right up the first time I turned it on. I needed the win because I've been troubleshooting an Octarock for what feels like forever at this point. Feel free to follow my blog about that over on the Troubleshooting forum. I haven't quite managed to get photos that really feel like they do the paint job justice. The top half of it is fluorescent pink with gold spatter and the bottom is a hammered texture black. I moved the Q and Mids controls to regular pots on the outside much like @Big Monk did on his. I'll probably still do some little things like put heat shrink over the leads for the LED and zip tying the groups of wires for each of the pots, the switch, etc. Still dialing in the sound I want but I'm pleased with the way this turned out.

20230617_154124.jpg
20230617_154316.jpg
20230617_154440.jpg
20230617_154526.jpg

Terrific job. I built one of these several months ago with the plan of moving some or all of the trim pots to outside knobs – I have all the knobs/pots now but just haven’t gotten around to it.

I can’t say I love the sound, but I think that is set-up/user error (coupled with my own inexperience with a wah). I started from the basic crybaby settings that were listed on the forum but don’t really know where to go from there beyond just experimenting - and there are a lot of different variables to experiment with (as one person noted in a recent thread, this wah is option overkill). So, since Monday is a holiday/day off from work, I had actually penciled in some time that day to open the thing up and really just start playing around with the settings to see if I can get something more to my liking.

Again, really nice build and thanks for reminding me that I need to get around to installing the knobs on the outside.

Mike

Great build @Pufftones ! Did you use the Small Bear enclosure or the one from Amplified Parts? (Those seem like the only ones I can find)
Thank you! I bought the enclosure from Guitar Pedal Parts. Small Bear was out. As best as I can tell, they are all the same Chinese made enclosure. I'd recommend if you're getting one, go through Amplified Parts. The enclosure doesn't comes with enough #6 3/8" self tapping screws or the felt pad that goes on the underside of the treadle to depress the footswitch. Amplified sells both of those.

Thank you! I bought the enclosure from Guitar Pedal Parts. Small Bear was out. As best as I can tell, they are all the same Chinese made enclosure. I'd recommend if you're getting one, go through Amplified Parts. The enclosure doesn't comes with enough #6 3/8" self tapping screws or the felt pad that goes on the underside of the treadle to depress the footswitch. Amplified sells both of those.
Cool. Thanks for the advice!

Back