Tearjerker ( cry baby ) wah switchless

NickC

I have a Tearjerker ready to mount, I would like some good ideas from you to make it switchless, I already have a similar wah that I use with a classic momentary switch mounted on top, but I'm curious to know some other cleaner solution perhaps, for example optical on off or some else.

thank you

Just to get this straight, you did foot switch wiring to allow for latching 3pdt for regular true bypass, but also a toggle to activate a momentary dptdt to also engage the wah? Is this what your wiring diagrams achieves? Because if so, I'm doing this next weekend for sure!

If this is the case, where is the location of the 3pdt and dpdt in relation to the treadle?

yes True bypass and the switch change the mode from normal wha to momentary foot on activation, in momentary mode if you accidentally push the 3pdt it doesnt work

The toggle switch is big so find a good spot to mount, the momentary dptd is exacty centered under the back Rubber heal position

Awesome, that's what I figured. Went down the rabbit hole last night and was reading threads about people using dpdt relays with LRDs and LEDs to sense the light change for a switches wah......was getting a little too deep down the hole for me.

There's an Instructable article about drilling through the top of the treadle and putting the dpdt momentary there, so that when your foot is on the wah, it's pressing down on the dpdt. Your's is just under the treadle?

F0P5NX2JJJ8BIR2.jpg
FHK488WFH7UZO3I.jpg

No, my mini momentary is under the treadle heel, Just see the picture in the other tread, when you put the foot you release the mini switch and it activate the effects, its works in reverse. The Rubber i talk about is the little one circular under the tredle in the back

Back