SOLVED Tearjerker distortion in heel position

NickC

ok i have this mod on my dunlop wah but now i'm working on a tearjarker foot on/off style wah(mechanically i have a solution i'm testing for autoreturn, and it works), id'l like to implement this layout, can you give me a help?

practically the switch is used to choose the classic mode or the foot on pedal mode with momentary mini button

1.png 2.png

wah momentary.jpg
i make this, the toggle switch is a mode selector, on the left the wah is in the normal mode with 3dpt button, on the right work on the momentary button. i need a second eyes to see some errors

The only problem I see is In the second post, you have no CLRs for the LEDs, they're gonna pop.

I'd redraw the diagrams to orient all the lugs the same way (horizontal lugs, so the throws are vertical):

1691905916470.png

Ex: for the DPDT I'm thinking:

1 4
2 5
3 6

but it's showing

3 2 1
6 5 4

Took me a while to follow the paths with the side-oriented switches.

That's just me, though — I need the diagram consistent and then just turn the switch in the physical build, but I can understand some people may want the diagram to reflect the physical build.

yes the 3dpt button is horizontal and the switch is vertical in my pictures, the momentary is just the 3dpt button pic cut with photoshop, i forget to turn the right way but you have to imaggine the connection in vertical. for the led pop sound i will use the resistor on the tearjarker board, i'm waiting for the switch shipment to test it and redraw it.

ok i connected everything, everything works as it should with the switches with the leds and also the wah effect, the only problem is that i have a lot of distortion when the pedal is in the heel position, maybe the transistors?

Immagine WhatsApp 2023-08-30 ore 20.31.07.jpg

ok solved, it was a bad transistor, for the finish project go to

Last edited:
Back