Teddy Rupture issues - low output

dankmetalsounds

Hey all,

I'm not sure how to describe the problem I'm having except by explaining the symptoms. Also, please bear with my noobiness (this is my first full build)

The pedal seems to working in some capacity. The bypass works fine, no noise. The effect works as well when the engaged, no noise, no drops/shorts. The issue seems to be that the effect is extremely quite unless both the gain and volume are cranked. Unity with my amp is at about 80% on the volume knob. Other pedals I own, unity is usually be well under 50%. It also seems that tone control doesn't do much in way of changing the tone.

I've double checked that capacitor and resistor values were correct (has to occasionally convert from nf -> uf, etc...). I double checked that the correct pots were used in the right places. Only thing I did different was use a polarized capacitor in the C1 position. I did my best to read the diagram and ensure that this was installed correctly (negative pin in top).

Any ideas on how I can debug this issue? Thank you in advance!

116141291_351003365909015_4912267714540090130_n.jpg

Do you have a picture of the backside of the board? Maybe a cold joint on the solder? Pull the board out and take the best picture you can of the backside of the board as it will help the forum in troubleshooting.

You got the polarity right on C1. Did you do any other parts subs?

Measure the voltage on each end of R5 and report back. One end should be close to 5V. The other end should vary from 5V to 9V, depending on the setting of the SAG pot.

Back