Teddy Rupture

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I've been sitting on this one for a while. I won a homespun Bosstone PCB during the 12 days of Pedalmas from the great @KR Sound so i wanted to wrap this one up first since its also based on a Bosstone. Ive built the PPCB Executive Fuzz as well and this one is pretty much identical aside from the bias pot. Which is a pretty cool feature. Other than that its a wild and loud fuzz.

Only difference from the BOM is I used a B100K pot in place of the A100K volume pot. Like I mentioned its loud so you can only turn it up around half way before it starts shaking the pictures off the walls.

I happened to find the metallic spray paint so I'd try it out. I think it looks pretty cool. Especially with the silver knobs. All in a 1590B case.

Good stuff

Attachments

• 20231222_122758.jpg
    20231222_122758.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20231222_122743.jpg
    20231222_122743.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231222_122721.jpg
    20231222_122721.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231222_122704.jpg
    20231222_122704.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 45
That looks killer!

Futuristic-neo-retro-futuristic. Really dig the flat LED. What colour does it light up with?

re Paint
I've been experimenting with some "chrome" paints (rattle-can), and one thing I can tell you is do NOT sand it.
I tried some very fine grits to try to get the "orange-peel" out and make it smooth and hopefully make it even shinier, except...
...it has the complete opposite effect. I lost the "silver" and it went dull grey without even a hint of shine.

That looks killer!

Futuristic-neo-retro-futuristic. Really dig the flat LED. What colour does it light up with?

re Paint
I've been experimenting with some "chrome" paints (rattle-can), and one thing I can tell you is do NOT sand it.
I tried some very fine grits to try to get the "orange-peel" out and make it smooth and hopefully make it even shinier, except...
...it has the complete opposite effect. I lost the "silver" and it went dull grey without even a hint of shine.
I think all the paint with metal flake and glitter and such are like that and look flat when you sand them. I tried to wet sand a blue metal flake paint job on a guitar I build once and it looked terrible.

That looks killer!

re Paint
Thanks. It's a yellow LED.

That's good advice. Painting has been so hard with the weather this time of year even with a heater. So, I was just happy I got it to look silvery with just one coat. But it's still fun to experiment and find what works and what doesn't.

Back