Terrarium schematic

Freezer

Hello everyone,

I just finished soldering my Terrarium board and noticed that pins 25-28 are shorted. The soldering looks fine to me, so I am wondering if that's intended or not and more importantly if there is a schematic available for this pcb? I've been desperate to find one for a while now but maybe I just didn't know where to look.

Would be great if someone could help me out here,
cheers!

"Terrarium board and noticed that pins 25-28 are shorted."

The pins on the breakout board, or the pads on the pcb?

Sorry, I should have been more clear.
I soldered two 20 pin sockets to the terrarium PCB, then I tested the pins of said sockets for shorts (without the daisy in place). After double and triple checking my soldering connections I flashed this reverb example I found online to my daisy and powered it up.

It seems to work fine, except for knob 4 and 5, which are supposed to control modulation speed and intensity, don't seem to do anything. Would be interesting know what pins those are connected to.

EDIT:
The pins are not shorted now anymore, I think the problem was either a potentiometer pushing down on the contacts from the other side and bridging the pins, or the board just needed more cleaning up after soldering.

Last edited:
That's great!

No apologies necessary. I have a Terrarium to build and was going to check mine.
How do you like the reverb? That's one I wanted to try as well.

It sounds pretty good!
I tried it out with my bass guitar and I was surprised how well the low end is being handled by the whole system. Also I was very happy to hear a sound at all lol.
So far I only managed to flash the .bin file via web programmer though. Haven't had any luck flashing a terrarium code using the command line on my computer yet. The Electrosmith examples work fine, so I'm not sure what I am missing. Which could be a lot, because I'm not very good at coding haha

Reactions: fig
I checked the tracking and my pcb arrives today. I think I'll try to get it populated this evening. The 100 or so that were in queue before it are smirking "hey! no cuts" 🤣

I just finished soldering my Terrarium board and noticed that pins 25-28 are shorted.

Those connect to the wiper of pots 3 - 6. If those pots happen to be at (or near) minimum or maximum the pins might measure as shorted together by way of the 3.3V or GND rails.

I've just added the schematic to the build doc.

• Love
Reactions: fig
Back