The bleeps, sweeps, and the creeps (Lectric-Fx Abacus)

Diynot

Oh man! What a smile this little noise maker brings (that combined with the first try fire up). Props to @Scruffie for twisting the right arms to bring this board to the masses. I went simple and only did an audio out jack, but may add in the CV out too at some point. Hammertone rattle can paint job. Wanted a 50’s industrial space vibe to it.
4B989E17-75F2-458F-9FB8-11F80121999F.jpeg B1FBFBFE-6349-469F-B86C-527602E6FEAA.jpeg
If you’re bored with the prospect of yet another dirt pedal build, this is a seriously fun little project to break the monotony.

Thank you sir! High praise indeed. I only got to play with it for a bit last night, but can’t wait to spend a little more time feeding it into some pedals. Really want the CV so I can run it into my Hapalochlaena and get really crazy with it. You won’t regret the build. One tiny gotcha, the 9mm pots being lower than the 16mm rate/decay the board goes in on a slant. I put washers in to split the difference so I had enough thread on the outside to tighten, as well as, some legs to solder to, while not putting a bunch of stress on the board.

Back