The Pink Panther

Chuck D. Bones

Circuit Wizard
This is the latest (final?) incarnation of my Ungula.
But first, Rest In Peace John Mayall, The Father of British Blues for over half a century. What do Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, Aynsley Dunbar, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Jack Bruce, Walter Trout, Coco Montoya, Harvey Mandel and Sugarcane Harris have in common? They all used to be in John Mayall's band. Eric Clapton left a poignant, if rambling, message on YouTube.

Now where was I?
Oh yeah. This:

Pink Panther front 02a.jpg

That's a modified Ungula board. Steviejr92 made the enclosure. 16 gauge steel - it's built like a tank, which is appropriate because those two MP38 transistors came from Ukraine. Stevie is also responsible for the powder coat and silk screen. Excellent job Stevie! It's hard to see in the photos, the top coat is loaded with multicolor sparkles.

Pink Panther innards 02.jpg

At this point there were a couple of wires out of place. Can you tell which ones?

Pink Panther innards 04.jpg

Pink Panther front 04.jpg

Cooder designed the logo. The LED is a rainbow LED that gradually fades from one color to the next. Far Out, Man.

Last edited:
Holy moly! I almost missed this! The knob and led colors are a perfect match! Im looking forward to building your Boneyard version of the Ungula!

Although, I’m not familiar with John Mayall, I am familiar with a few others that were in his band, keep rocking on legend!🤘

Excellent! There's a bit of extra space inside the enclosure by the looks... haha...
Looks indeed like a tank! I love my chuckified HooF! Thanks for all the great designs and panel beating things into shape!

Back