Toner transfer black vs color printer

ninemag

I recently bought a new ho laser jet pro, black only. The transfers were perfect. Then, I exchanged it for a color laser jet pro- same series only color and wireless. The transfers aren’t nearly as dark. They stick as good as the black printer, just not as dark. Settings are highest quality black only.
Does anyone know if they black toner is different between cartridges?

If you're still unhappy:

I used that quite a bit to make sure my DIY screen printing transparencies were solid black, which helped with exposure. Note that since it's essentially "melting" the ink be careful spraying too much around fine lines. (Oh and make sure the page is flat, else it'll run.)

If you're still unhappy:

I used that quite a bit to make sure my DIY screen printing transparencies were solid black, which helped with exposure. Note that since it's essentially "melting" the ink be careful spraying too much around fine lines. (Oh and make sure the page is flat, else it'll run.)
What kind of DIY screen printing are you doing?

What kind of DIY screen printing are you doing?

None anymore. Haha. Was mostly low-level patches and small shirt runs for bands and local businesses. Kinda miss it.

w/r/t etching - I was thinking mostly about ink opacity, but now I kinda wonder how something like the Ultra Black would impact the transfer itself. I haven't done THAT in a while, either, but I might still have some boards in the basement and could try it...

Back